BD - Business Development Manager
Juspay is India’s foremost end-to-end payments stack. We are a SaaS-unifying aggregation layer interconnecting banks, networks, acquirers, gateways and processors for merchant payments. We create value by enabling seamless checkouts, increasing conversion rates, enhancing the purchase experience and bringing cutting edge innovation in partnership with banks & networks. We've been building together since 2012 and are trusted by customers including Amazon, Jio, Ola, Swiggy, Flipkart, Vodafone and more. We're excited to be growing a team as diverse and creative as the millions of people we reach, and a company where everyone can thrive.
About the Role
At Juspay, business development managers build deep relationships with our merchant customers and drive forward our growth engine. We are so obsessed about our customers we like to think of business managers more as customer-facing product managers who can co-create new product innovations for them.
You are adept at stakeholder management, both internal and external. You are capable of doing business / product & technical conversations with various stakeholders on the customer's side. You are able to communicate and establish value propositions clearly and also take new feedback to convert them into new product opportunities.
You are analytical and derive actionable insights from customer conversations. You are then able to convert these insights into product and business ideas and drive our relationship deeper into our merchant-ecosystem.
What you'll do
- Own a category of merchant customers. You are responsible for growing relationships, revenue, product usage and adoption.
- Develop strategies for doing outreach to a new set of customers.
- Prepare pitch decks, product documents, RFP responses, technical and commercial proposals to expand new business.
- Be customers' champion. Work with all stakeholders to create win-win customer solutions.
- Find opportunities to ideate and co-create, working with internal product & engineering teams to drive Juspay product strategy and roadmap.
- Work with legal to structure contracts that are win-win for the customer and Juspay.
What we're looking for
- 2+ years of experience in SaaS/Fintech companies, in sales management or customer facing product management.
- Ability to understand and simplify complex technical and product requirements. Ability to participate in the co-creation process.
- Ability to negotiate with customers on delivery milestones and commercials.
- Great problem solving, communication and verbal skills.
- Experience with developing business plans and helping set up business strategy for a category.
- Great presentation skills and can think on their feet. We believe product deck creation is an art and a product genre by itself!
- Empathy towards external and internal stakeholders.
- Persuasion skills without being forceful. And you use both data and intuition to do that.
- Ability to go into unknown territories and navigate comfortably.
Interested in this opening? Reach out to us at email@example.com